Friday, April 3, 2009

You know you are old when........

Today, I realized just how old I was. I was at a birthday celebration for Kelly Bray, a sweet young lady that is as old a one of my daughters. Jan Bried, Tina Jada, and I drove from work to be there for her. As I watched the kids, yes, I mean kids walk in I realized I feel so old. Here I am with the wrinkles forming fast and here are those kids with the smooth faces I once had.

Joyce Gingrich and I were sitting next to each other wondering, "what are we doing here?" Joyce asked me are you staying much longer and I said no I wasn't because it was going to be past my bedtime. We were looking around at the young girls there and realized we were the older ones and Jan said no we were the responsible ones. We were laughing so hard at our having friends that are old enough to be our kids. We did enjoy ourselves but Joyce still wants to do a night out with the old fogies in our lives. I agree. At least we will know what songs are playing and what is really funny, have some wine, eat chocolate, have some more wine, and eat some more. I hope this is soon. I really miss being with Joyce because she always knows how to make me laugh so hard at myself.

Liz and Trish, you haven't written on your blog in a while. Get with the program. I miss reading your great stories. I have to read Jenny's over and over so I can get my fix. At least Jen writes every weekend or so. Hope to hear from you both soon.

MOFD

2 comments:

  1. Internet On :) Loved the blog little mamma. And you should not complain to other women your age about your "wrinkles"... or to women ten years younger than you for that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting with the program... just haven't had TIME... trying to catch up on what the talented women in my family are writing first!
    Good job mom... Facebook, now BLOBBING, what's next? Love you!

    ReplyDelete